1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (NLT) I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.
JESUS died for our sins and was raised from the dead on the third day for our justification. Today is EASTER Sunday when we remember, commemorate, observe and celebrate His resurrection. Jesus is not dead. He is risen! He is alive!!
The Apostle Paul is able to testify of the Resurrection because according to him:
- Jesus presented Himself alive-
- To Peter,
- To His closest followers, and
- To more than five hundred of His followers all at the same time, most of them still alive at the time Paul was writing to the Corinthians.
- Jesus spent time with James and the rest of those He commissioned to represent Him; and
- He finally presented himself alive to Paul
Lessons from the Resurrection:
- By His death and resurrection, death has been conquered once and for all! The Bible tells us in 1 Corinthians 15: 21-22 “So you see, just as death came into the world through a man, now the resurrection from the dead has begun through another man. Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life.” So for you as a believer, death is now nothing but a passage through which you go into eternal life!
- By His death and resurrection, eternity with God is now secured. In John 14:1-4, Jesus said He is going to prepare a place for us and afterwards He’d come and get us, so that we can be with Him. 1 Corinthians 15:19 tells us “And if our hope in Christ is only for this life, we are more to be pitied than anyone in the world.” Because of the resurrection, that promise of eternity with Jesus in heaven is secure!
- Through His death and resurrection we have become His peculiar people and a Holy Nation. Now we can live and walk in newness of life. We can have abundant life. We can have right standing with God. We can be God’s ambassadors.
- Whatever we are going through we don’t need to give up or give in, because we know that no matter how long our Friday is, Sunday’s a coming along! The pain of Good Friday was unbearable! But the glory of Easter Sunday was even more fantastic! So don’t you dare give up! Jesus held on – and so should you!
Glory hallelujah, Jesus Christ is risen! Father, I thank You for the joy of Easter Sunday. Thank You for the resurrection of my Lord Jesus from the grave. Yes, He is risen! He is alive! Help me to walk and live in newness of life. In Jesus’ Name I pray. AMEN.